In-network (INN) refers to a claim that is made with a provider that has contracted with Beam or its partners.
- Employees save on out-of-pocket costs by visiting an in-network provider.
- In-network claims are subject to the deductible, coinsurance, and applicable annual or lifetime maximums.
- Beam’s Find a Dentist Tool
How it works
A dental crown costs a total of $1,400 and Beam’s existing relationship with the in-network dentist means lower out-of-pocket costs for members. Fee schedule: In-network providers use a preferred provider
organization (PPO) fee schedule that has been negotiated between the dentist and Beam’s network.
- The PPO fee schedule states that the total allowable cost for the dental crown is $800 before Beam coverage is applied, automatically reducing the total cost by $600.
- Chris’ plan covers major procedures such as dental crowns at 50% coinsurance, which means Beam will pay up to $400.00 (50% of the balance), and Chris will be responsible for the remaining $400.00
- Chris has not yet paid his $50 deductible this year, so he will owe $50 toward the allowable cost, leaving the balance at $450.00 for him and 350.00 for Beam.
- Altogether, if Chris goes to the in-network dentist for the dental crown, Chris will owe $450.00 ($50 deductible + $400.00 remaining balance).