A basic procedure is care that is considered routine.
Common basic procedures
- Fillings (always considered basic)
- Emergency dental treatment
- Root canals, tooth extractions
- Standard eye exams
The definition of basic procedure can vary from plan to plan, so please check your benefit summary for
How it works
- Chris visits the dentist for a root canal. This is considered a basic procedure.
- Their plan covers basic procedures performed by an in-network provider at 80% plan benefit. It will
be Chris' responsibility to pay the remaining 20% coinsurance out-of-pocket.