Please note confirmation of coverage or benefits is not a guarantee of coverage. It is based on eligibility, network status, and the benefit plan in effect at the time services are completed.
There are three ways to confirm a patient's coverage information:
1. Provider Portal
- Login to the Provider Portal
- Ensure you are on the 'Eligibility' screen
- Enter the Patient's date of Birth and either their 10-digit Beam Member ID or their Social Security Number
- Click 'Verify'
- Depending on the information you are looking for, you can:
- View/Print the Patient's Benefits Summary
- View/Print the Patient's Coverage Summary
- View/Print the Patient's History
- Search Procedure Codes for frequencies, limitations, and coverage category
- View amounts and remaining amounts for Maximums and Deductibles
- View Waiting Period information
If you do not have a Provider Portal account, see How do I register for the Provider Portal?
2. Fax-back/Virtual Agent
- Call 1-800-648-1179
- Press "1" to select the Dental product menu
- Press "1" to select the Provider menu
- Press "1" to use our automated fax-back feature for patient eligibility
- You will need your Provider TIN or NPI, desired fax number, the patient's date of birth, and the patient's 10-digit member ID
- You can ask for information on multiple patients during one call
- We will fax you the information directly in minutes
Please note that if you call and speak to a live Beam agent, we do not provide codes and frequencies over the phone.
3. Email Beam Benefits customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.